That's Ms. Hill to You

Ruminations on life, remodeling, art, and whatever else comes to me at 3 a.m.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

I'm Not Dead, Just Busy

I keep thinking about blogging, what should I say, where am I at, what am I doing? But I'm so damn busy doing the things that I'm doing, and STILL trying to figure out where I'm at, and what I should do, that I haven't managed to actually write until, well, now.

I'm headed to Wisconsin on Sunday...I've managed to line up more interviews there in one week than I've had here in Michigan in several months. Sad, and frustrating.

I'm also busting ass to finish up some house projects - repainting the TV room, stairwell and master bedroom. Of course first I have to finish stripping 8 million years worth of wallpaper and paint from the plaster. I don't know what they used for wallpaper glue back in the early 1900's, but it sure is tenacious (I suspect it involved horse hooves and some sort of human sacrifice). My real estate agent is coming over tomorrow so we can discuss what would be involved, and absolutely need to be done, for me to sell the house.

I'm trying to prepare for the worst ( having to sell the house and move right now), while hoping for the best (the trading analyst position here in Kzoo will come through and I can move back to WI in a year or two under my own prideful steam). In the meantime I've got a collection of moving boxes on the front porch, but haven't been able to bring myself to actually pack anything... I've been doing some half-hearted sorting, but I just don't wanna do anything concrete until I know I have to. Once I start packing then its all over, I'll be heading back to Wisconsin with my tail between my legs.

And of course there are the beasties to consider. It occurred to me tonight that I know a few people who act as "foster parents" for animal rescue. Could I get one of them to foster my dogs for a few months until I sell the Lawton house and get a place of my own ? I'd pay for food, heartworm and a (hopefully) nominal fee for care, of course, I just can't afford a kennel, especially when I'm dealing with an unknown amount of time. I don't know, must make some calls. If I must give them up my vet is willing to adopt Sandy... and I'm thinking that I could contact Harley's original family...now that he's neutered and up do date on shots their only expense would be $10 for heartworn and a big bag of dog food each month...I hope I don't have to give them up.

Stopped at Eggroll and Belle Belle's earlier this week, needed to borrow their cat carrier (Goldie is welcome at M&D's), and return Belle Belle's cake cover. They took me out for a boat ride and it was the most relaxed I've felt in forever...why on earth haven't I been out there sooner?

I've made the best friends I've ever had here in Michigan. I have a life here, albeit a currently unemployed and fearful one. Sure, my family is in Wisconsin, but outside of Mom & Dad I don't know anyone (not even my brother, really) there. The job opportunities are much better. Mom & Dad are offering to subsidize my starting over. Its a good deal. I just keep telling myself that, and hoping that I don't have to take them up on it.

My bit of humor for the day: I ran the "Blogger.com" spellcheck on this prior to posting, and "blogging" came up as a typo. Their spellcheck suggestion was "flogging". Yeah, if I had one I'd be flogging it for comfort, but I don't, so I write.

5 Comments:

Blogger ivan said...

Good.
There is motion.
I was wondering when you were going to hit the up cycle--it does come.
I've had some good luck over here after a disastrous round with Blogger that drove me to the bottle...Finally figured out how to put up pictures...The Luddite ways prevail.

But one is writing out of sheer nervous energy these days, I really should have hit the delete button on my last blog, but what the hell, the word count is in anyway.

Damn. Just when famous people visit the blog, I write something really nutty and alienate them.
Ah. The girl with the curl.

July 28, 2006 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

August 12, 2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger ivan said...

Why you spammer, you.

August 12, 2006 11:30 PM  
Blogger ivan said...

Just got your note re improvement in your financial situation.
You won over the unemployment insurance bureacrats and are now kind of solvent again.
Whee!

August 25, 2006 1:30 PM  
Blogger ivan said...

Just got your note re improvement in your financial situation.
You won over the unemployment insurance bureacrats and are now kind of solvent again.
Whee!

August 25, 2006 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home